I saw this link at a post in pentaxforums. I'm perplexed with the low noise of the sensor. It looks like a photo from the full frame sensor of Canon 5d.
Pictures taken in Dubai, with 31 limited and 0.20 firmware.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Translated with google.
• New 14.6-megapixel CMOS sensor with Dust Reduction.
• Shake Reduction (SR) to 4 Exposure Levels with opto-magnetic sensor 3D.
• 11-point AF with 9 cross sensors and individual AFAnpassung.
• Sensitivity to ISO 100 - 6400.
• 2.7''monitor with 230,000 Dots.
• Pentax KAF2-Lens.
• Free adjustable white balance with bracketing function.
• 14 bit analog converter.
• File formats: JPEG into 4 stages, RAW (optional DNG, PEF or format) .
• Preview features: real-time view, and Optical Digital Preview.
• Optional battery grip, removable disks Matt.
• SD and SDHC Memory Cards.
• Dimensions: 141.5 (W) x 101 (H) x 70 (T) mm, Weight: 715 grams (without battery and
SD memory card) .
• EUR 1299, - (UPE) in a set with 18-55mm II.
• Launch Spring 2008.
Especially fast image processing at the highest level (PRIME), a sophisticated equipment and Shake Reduction System in housing to make the K20D.
A real class Primus for ambitious photographers.
It is robust, compact and light, has a weather sealing body, and support for all Pentax K lenses.
Changes to predecessor model (K10D):
• 14.6 megapixels (effective).
• 2.7''monitor with a resolution of 230,000 Dots.
• Live View.
• sensitivity ISO 100 6400.
• Custom image with 4 color profiles.
• 36 programmable custom functions.
• flash sync terminal for studio flash systems.
• Image Succession in burst mode with 20 images per second.
• Finer gradations in JPEG format.
• Series with white balance function.
Click to open in full size
Original post here in Japanese.
The brochure have new lenses' summaries and K20D&K200D's launching information.
Here is the summary:
SMC PENTAX-DA☆ 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM 7th Feb.
SMC PENTAX-DA☆ 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM in the end of the March.
SMC PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited in the middle of the March.
SMC PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED in the end of the March.
SMC PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL II in the end of the Feb.
K20D in the beginning of the March.
K200D in the end of the Feb.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Here we have the first full size sample images, from a Bulgarian Forum.
Looks pretty good.
ISO100 (click to open in a greater size):
ISO3200 (click to open in a greater size):
Download fullsize images:
I still hope they improve the AF system and PTTL.
Monday, January 21, 2008
This data is from a credible source, there is no link to the page, was found by a dpreview user.
You can see the original page here:
- Resolution: 15.10 Mpixel
- Maximum resolution: 4672x3120
- Minimum resolution: 1824x1216
- Sensor size: 23.4x15.6mm
- Sensor type: CMOS
- Focal length multiplier: 1.5
- anti red-eye
- fill in
- slow flash
- Secure Digital
- auto, 100 - 6400
Minimum shutter (sec):
Maximum shutter (sec):
External flash type:
- Centre weighted
- -3EV - +3EV with 1/2 or 1/3EV steps
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- RAW - JPEG
Monday, January 14, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Samsung GX-20 was announced today by two Norwegian websites (Akam.no and Aronsen.no).
According to them, these are the main camera specs:
- 14.6 MP (CMOS) Sensor.
- Sensor-based Image Stabilization.
- Resistant to rain, sand and dust.
- Double dust removal on image sensor.
- 2.7'' LCD with Live view.
- RAW button.
- ISO 3200.
Should ship in the end of Q1 2008 for around US$1800 in Norway.
As this camera is a gem of Pentax K20D, we might expect the same specs in Pentax camera.